Monday, September 8, 2014

Do Not Read This!











Its been a long time since I have posted.  Lots of ideas have crossed
my mind. I was tempted to post pictures of my kids doing the ice bucket
challenge. I think we all cracked up over at least one video.  That
viral campaign involving thousands of everyday people fascinated me! 
But, I missed hitting that before the numerous articles about it's
success went out because life and work have kept me busy.

However, here is something that came across my inbox today, that I cannot help
but share.  The video is produced by Room to Read.  I first learned
about Room to Read seven years ago (pre Four Cups of Tea) when my friend
Mike Walker did a 150 mile race across China's Gobi Desert to raise money for
them.  While carrying all of your supplies on your back while racing 150
miles across harsh landscape is not everyday, it is an example of what
an everyday friend can accomplish when they set their mind to it.

Not only did he raise over $100,000 for Room to Read, but a community of
people in Santa Barbara now know about them.  Because of Mike, seven
years later, I am moved by this campaign to raise awareness for their
mission and helping them by sharing it with all of you. 

A pretty simple everyday thing you can do is just share this video - DO NOT READ THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment