Sunday, October 7, 2012

What I've Been Up To



"With deep alignment of personal convictions with community purpose, applying ones knowledge and skills becomes irresistible.  There is a sense of acute purpose that stretches far beyond one's individual interests."
- Peter Karoff

This quote represents to me everything about why anyone is driven to be philanthropic.  I've had the pleasure of being introduced to and working with Peter Karoff over the last few months.  Peter founded The Philanthropic Initiative over 20 years ago.  TPI is a nonprofit organization that serves as an ally to donors who aspire to effective philanthropy, and promotes philanthropy through research, and education.  I can't believe how lucky Santa Barbara is to have Peter as an active member of our philanthropic community.

Peter and I are now working with a nonprofit called Leading From Within.  Leading From Within has been offering high quality leadership development and renewal through its Courage to Lead program for almost five years.  It was founded by another amazing community resource, Ken Saxon.  In the last six months Ken and I have expanded the organization to three programs which includes:


It has absolutely been my pleasure to work with and learn from these aspirational gentleman who have given decades of their time to making our communities a stronger place through the gift of their time to their thoughtful, reflective approach to their passion for learning.

While my blogging has and will slow down, I look forward to sharing the many lessons of philanthropy with you as we launch our programs in January of 2013.  

No comments:

Post a Comment