Friday, December 30, 2011

The Absolutely Easiest Way to Give - iGive



I can't imagine any easier way for an everyday person to give than iGive.  It takes about two minutes to sign-up for iGive and once you do, whenever you shop at a participating retailer a percent of what you spend is donated to the nonprofit of your choice. 

I have been trying this out for the last month and have been so impressed with how many retailers participate.  Once you register, the moment you go to a participating retailer's page you will automatically see they are a participant, in fact, you can even tell when you do a google search on any retailer.

What this means is as you go about your normal shopping with retailers like Nordstrom, Gap, Nike, Patagonia, Shutterly, Hotels.com and hundreds more, a percent of what you spend goes directly to the cause you care about. 

I designated Direct Relief International, but there are hundreds to choice from and you can even designate a non-profit not listed.  All you have to do is spend the two minutes to register.  Ok, so right now, start the year off right and spend the two minutes and shop away.


P.S.  I also tried out another similar site, Good Search, which I only found annoying.  The sign up process imploded and now I get way too many emails promoting their partners and special deals to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment