Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tidbits

 SPORTS DRIVE:
 I like anything where I can help by getting rid of something I already have and support children helping children.  Here is an easy one to do:

Students from Laguna Blanca, Montecito Union, Cold Spring, Marymount, Crane, Bishop, El Montecito, and Santa Barbara Middle School are gathering new and gently used sports equipment and clothing for the Second Annual Sports Drive.  For more information about Sports Drive, visit http://sbsportsdrive.com/


GREEN CARE IN PRE_SCHOOLS
Do you have a child in pre-school?  Check here to see if your child's school is a Green Care Provider.


CELL PHONE COLLECTION FOR HAITI
In a recent post I discussed What is Working in Haiti and the importance of cell phones.  I posted my goal of doing a cell phone collection with my book club.  Last week, we collected 12 cells phones that I will send to the Red Cross for Haiti.


NEW LINKS:
I added the following links to the "Helpful Links" page:
United States Senate
House of Representatives
The White House

No comments:

Post a Comment